Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Ornaments

Every year for Christmas I try my best to make a lot of my gifts (because I think I'm crafty, not necessarily because I'm cheap), but this year I was at a bit of a loss. So, I went onto my trusty Pinterest account to see what I though would be a neat project to make and I found this gem of an Etsy store. Feeling crafty, I decided that I would try and replicate the idea for my family.
Here's the mid-way stage:
Materials:

  • Modelling Clay
  • Wire
  • Sealant
  • Paint
  • Varnish
  • Ribbon
  • Paper to sketch on
Total Cost: $4.25/ornament (Assuming no materials on hand. I had some stuff laying around, and was able to purchase everything else that I needed at Dollarama, my actual cost was $1.15/ornament)
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours, depending on how fancy you get with the painting and details.

Now that it's dried, tonight's goal is to paint it. Hopefully it turns out well... because I have 4 others to make after if it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment